Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Water Fasting Part II: Life is Unpredictable

I just finished a 48-hour fast and the results are nothing short of outstanding!

I have been at normal to high energy levels for the past two days. Starting at the 43rd hour I started feeling like I had just drank a red bull and now, at the 48th hour, I am still at that level. My body feels great, I’ve got a spring in my step, and my sleep was excellent last night.

The original plan was to do a 72-hour fast after the 48-hour fast, and that plan remains the same, however, I feel so good about the results of this experiment that I am seriously considering doing a fast for an extended period of time (maybe a week?). Before doing something that extreme I intend to meet with an experienced faster for guidance (and if you ever plan to fast beyond a three day period I suggest you do the same).

Going forward
I set out to start my second fast 7 days after the first but did not actually start the second fast until 11 days later. I’ve come to the conclusion that the proper time to fast is when the body signals that it is not hungry.  With that in mind, I’ll update the blog and my twitter (@PeterBSmith) when I start the next fast… likely sometime before January.



One more thing...
I just setup Facebook comments so if you're logged into Facebook leaving comments is EASY!

...comments, questions, criticisms? Let me know!